It's a text editor that:
- Is modal like vim
- Is highly configurable like Vim
- Understands a subset of commonly used vim motions (dw, m[buffer name], etc).
Some basic vim commands have been implemented
Pseudo progress log: July 17 2014:
- Something always seems to be occupying the majority of my time, be it school or internships. Implementing shim in pure python would require more time than I have. Offloading (and hacking) the frontend workload to ace + node-webkit would allow me to get to a point where Shim is usable far more quickly. Here is the current progress so far:
May 15 2014:
- Investigations into porting front end to atom shell have begun. This will make dealing with graphics / user input events a little easier.
April 23 2014:
- Began work in making the command parser slightly more sane.
- -- Command parser is now token based rather than regex based
- Cleaned up code significantly.
- -- Private variables are actually private
- -- Magic numbers should be gone from the codebase
- -- Naming should be fixed
Unfortunately shim isn't ready to be used yet
Send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let me know what you think!